Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon-Chipotle Sauce
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper1 teaspoon cayenne pepperTwo 2-pound pork tenderloins, patted dry
- Canola oil
- Bourbon-Chipotle Sauce, for serving, recipe follows
- Bourbon-Chipotle Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, choppedKosher salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the paprika, sugar, salt, cumin, mustard powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
Heat a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat, and lightly coat with canola oil. Dredge the pork tenderloin in the rub, tapping off any excess, before searing on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the pan into the oven and cook to medium doneness, 8 to 10 minutes. Promptly remove from the oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
Serve with the Bourbon-Chipotle Sauce.Bourbon-Chipotle Sauce:
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions until soft, and then pour in 2 cups of the bourbon and cook until reduced to a few tablespoons. Stir in the chicken stock, apple juice, brown sugar, peppercorns and chipotle, and cook until reduced by half.
Strain through a fine mesh strainer, and then return to the pan and cook until it becomes the consistency of a sauce. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons bourbon and cook 2 minutes. Season with salt. Yield: 3 1/2 cups.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay