Spiced Salmon Kebabs with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2-pound) fillet salmon, cut horizontally into 1-inch thick slices
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 -inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 orange
Heat grill to high. Place spices in a small saute pan and toast on the grill for 45 to 60 seconds, shaking the pan several times, or until just fragrant. Let cool slightly and grind in a spice grinder or coffee grinder until finely ground.
Process yogurt, onion, lemon juice, zest, cayenne, and toasted spices in a food processor until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate if not using for a while.
Thread salmon onto skewers so the fish lies flat. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and just cooked through. Serve with yogurt sauce on the side and drizzle the juice of 1/2 orange over all.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.