Steamed Clams with Chorizo and Fresh Corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 40 small clams
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- Loaf of French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
Heat the oil in a medium stockpot over mediumhigh heat. Add the chorizo and saute until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chorizo and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan and return to the heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add the white wine and reduce by half. Add the corn and the clams, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the clams just open. Remove the pan from the heat and add the parsley. Serve in bowls with slices of bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.