Grilled Halloumi Skewers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted mixed olives
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound halloumi cheese, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 16 pieces
- 1/3 pound small new potatoes, cut in quarters and boiled until tender
In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, herbs, red pepper flakes, and olives and season with salt and pepper, to tastes. Add the cheese and potatoes and toss until completely coated. Cover and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Soak wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning. Skewer 1 piece of cheese then a potato followed by another piece of cheese on each skewer. Put the skewers on a well oiled grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the skewers from the grill to a serving platter and serve with a drizzle of the marinade.
Recipe courtesy Brian Boitano
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse