- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded coarsely chopped
- 1 buttercup squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced scallion and diced red pepper, for garnish
In a large pot, melt butter and cook onions until tender. Stir in carrots and jalapeno and toss to coat. Stir in chopped squash. Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Puree soup in blender in batches. Return to pot and stir in cream. Season to taste and garnish with sliced scallion.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.