- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (outer husk removed), sliced paper thin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- A dash Asian five-spice powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- French bread, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Pickled vegetables, for serving, recipe follows
- Cilantro mayonnaise, for serving, recipe follows
Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix to thoroughly combine. Form 4 ounce patties and grill until well done. Place 2 patties into lightly toasted soft French bread cut with a hinge along with lettuce, a generous helping of pickled vegetables, and cilantro mayonnaise.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Pickled carrots and radishes:
- 10 radishes, thinly slices
- 5 to 7 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- Dash sugar
Place the sliced vegetables into 1 cup rice wine vinegar mixed with hot sauce, a dash of sugar, and a dash of salt. 15 minutes in the vinegar should leave the vegetables with a nice crunch. They can be left in the vinegar for an indefinite amount of time, however. The vinegar can be saved and used again later.
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Simply mix the chopped cilantro with the mayonnaise.