- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican dark rum
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon habanero powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil, wait until the potatoes are cool enough to handle, and then slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds . Coat a 9 by 13-inch ovenproof baking pan (preferably glass) with the vegetable oil. Layer the potato slices in the pan.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the potatoes.
Cover the pan with foil and bake until barely tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake the potatoes for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.