- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 to 3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 box Eggo Homestyle Waffles, toasted
- Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha, for garnish
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Heat the vegetable oil in a pot to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the eggs and lastly the breadcrumbs. Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. As they finish, place on a cookie sheet in the oven to keep warm.
To serve, drizzle syrup generously on a waffle half. Place a few chicken bites on top. Drizzle with more syrup and garnish with a touch of the hot sauce and a parsley leaf.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.