Chorizo, Spinach and Chick Pea Saute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1 (19-ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 cup diced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in saute pan, add chorizo, breaking apart as it cooks. When cooked through, remove and drain on paper towels. Add drained chick peas directly to pan and saute until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
Remove from pan, set aside. In same pan, add another tablespoon olive oil and saute the onions, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts until the onions are translucent. Add garlic, when just starting to gain color, add in spinach and chicken stock. Cover and let wilt on medium-low flame. Add in chorizo and chick peas, season to taste with salt and pepper
Garnish with Parmesan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Black-Eyed Pea and Spinach Salad, Spinach Saute, A Stuffed Picnic: Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Feta and Chick Pea Stuffed Zucchini, Nut and Brown Sugar Stuffed Macintosh Apples, Easy Dinner, Breakfast, Dinner Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Burrito Recipes