Catfish Po' Boys
- Peanut or canola oil, for frying
- 4 hoagie rolls or 1 French baguette
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning (recommended: Tony Cachere's)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) catfish fillets
- Shredded lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes and hot sauce, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the po' boy rolls in half, (not cutting through), and put them on a baking sheet. Lightly toast the bread in the preheated oven.
Combine the corn flour, seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste, in a shallow dish. Pat the fillets dry and dredge them in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking of the excess.
Once the oil is properly heated, carefully drop the catfish into the oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the pot. Fry until golden brown and beginning to float to the surface, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Carefully remove the fillets with a slotted spoon or spider and drain them on paper towels. Put 1 catfish fillet in each toasted roll and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.