- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, zested, plus juice of 1/2 lime, plus wedge for rimming glasses
- 1/4 cup course kosher salt
- 1-ounce agave syrup or honey
- 3 ounces white tequila
Mix the lime zest and salt on a small plate and reserve.
When ready to serve:
Mix 1/2 cup watermelon-cucumber juice with lime juice, agave and tequila in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well to chill. Rub the rim of a martini glass with a lime wedge and dip it into the lime zest mixture. Pour the margarita into the salt-rimmed martini glass and enjoy!
Leftover watermelon-cucumber juice can be chilled and used up to 3 days.
Watermelon and cucumber juices are extremely good for you and super refreshing on a hot summer day. These delicious fresh juices replace the sweet and sour mix found in most restaurant margaritas and the result is an addictive, thirst quenching cocktail.