- 1 1/2 cup shredded best-quality sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, plus more for grilling
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 slices brioche bread, lightly toasted
Spread some additional mayo on 1 side of each slice of toasted bread. Arrange 6 slices, mayo-side down, on a clean work surface. Place 2 heaping tablespoons pimento cheese evenly on the 6 slices of bread and top with the remaining 6 slices of bread, mayo-side facing up.
In a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat, cook 3 sandwiches until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is starting to melt, about 3 minutes. Turn the sandwiches over and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes more. Wipe the pan clean and repeat with the remaining 3 sandwiches.
What To Toss In: If you like your pimento really spicy, you can always add some chipotle in adobe sauce to give it a smoky flavor. This can also be used as an entertaining dip. Just arrange some baby carrots and cut up some celery sticks around the cheese. People will flock to it.