- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
When ready to cook, form the mixture into small patties about 1/4-inch thick and 3 inches wide. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden brown and completely cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Transfer the sausage to a serving dish and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010