1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. For cupcakes: Beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl using a mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in butter and vanilla. Gradually pour in butter and then vanilla. Reduce speed to and mix in half of dry ingredients. Beat in milk. Add remaining dry ingredients and beat to combine. Do not over mix.
4. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each cup in muffin tin. Bake until a tester, inserted in center of cakes, comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a rack. in tin, for 10 minutes, Release cupcake and cool completely.
5. For icing: Place chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with 1 inch or so water to a very slow simmer; set bowl over, but not touching, water. Stir chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth.
6. Add confectioners' sugar, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and salt and beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Pipe icing onto cupcakes using a large star tip. Top with sprinkles. Serve.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved