Borage, Benedictine and Bacon Sandwiches
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices country wheat bread
- 2 cups fresh borage petals or microgreens or baby arugula
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Working in batches if necessary, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the cucumber and red onion and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
To assemble the sandwiches, divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between 4 slices of bread. Break the strips of bacon in half and top each sandwich with 4 halves. Sprinkle the borage petals over the top, then cover with the remaining four slices of bread and press down firmly. Cut away the crusts. Slice the sandwiches diagonally in half and then diagonally again, to make triangles. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Damaris Phillips