- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 jar prepared mole
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 24 tortilla cups, recipe follows
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Pour the olive oil into a skillet and place over high heat. Add the garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the pork, season with salt and pepper, and saute until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add 6 tablespoons mole and water and continue to cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick.
- 8 (8-inch) round flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Special equipment: pastry brush, 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, 24 cup mini muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the tortillas in the microwave, cover with a damp cloth and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and keep covered. Take 1 tortilla from the stack and place it on a flat surface. Brush both sides with the olive oil and, using the biscuit cutter, cut out 3 rounds. Press 1 into each of the muffin cups. Repeat until all the cups are filled. Place the tin in the oven and bake until the cups are crispy and slightly brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the cups from the tin and set aside to cool. Store at room temperature until ready to serve.