- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 25 chicken tenders, halved on the bias
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Special Equipment: 6-inch bamboo skewers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, to taste, sugar and ginger in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth. Toss 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter mixture with the chicken tenders in a bowl until the chicken is well coated. Spread the chicken out in a baking pan in a single layer. Bake until the tenders are firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Thread a skewer into each tender. Arrange on a platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped herbs. Put the remaining sauce into a small bowl and serve.