Crab and Guacamole Salad
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted and flesh diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) container jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Salad: In a medium bowl combine the crabmeat, hearts of palm, edamame, pineapple and pineapple juice.
Dressing: In a saucepan, over medium heat, cook pineapple juice and orange juice until thickened into a syrup. Cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer the syrup to a blender, turn on the blender, slowly pour in the oil and blend until smooth.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Darrell "DAS" Smith