Creamy Broccoli Soup (Frozen Broccoli)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 to 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock, water, or combination
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt butter in large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Sweat onions, and stir in the flour until incorporated. Gradually whisk in the stock. Add the broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Finish with cream. Roughly puree with an immersion blender and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.