Old World Vegetable Soup
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup split peas
- 1/2 cup barley
- 8 cups chicken stock, water, or a combo
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup elbow pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed garden vegetables
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dill leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Saute the onions in oil until lightly browned. Rinse the split peas and barley in water and place in a large pot. Add the chicken stock and water and cook over medium-high heat. until almost tender, about 1 hour. Add the pasta and cook 10 minutes longer. Then add the lima beans and vegetables, cook until the vegetables are tender. Season with dill, salt and pepper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Vegetable Soup in the Style of Naples: Cianfotta, Root Vegetable Soup with Truffle Oil, Ribollita (Vegetable, Bean and Stale Bread Soup), Comfort Food Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.