- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded potatoes, or store-bought hash browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 cup ground chorizo, browned
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- Toast or tortillas, for serving
Preheat flat grill or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the vegetable oil, potatoes, diced onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, if using, and chorizo. Mix together slightly. Cook for 4 to 8 minutes, flipping once. Add the tomato and eggs. Mix together and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, flipping over once. Add cheese and cook until slightly melted. Mix hash together to distribute cheese and tomatoes throughout.
Serve with toast or tortillas.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.