Recipe courtesy Allan Sproul, GM at Pier 23 Cafe in San Francisco, CA.
- Cajun cream cheese:
- 1/2 pound cream cheese (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spices (2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons cayenne, 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- Zesty Italian dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 fresh jalapeno pepper slices
- 6 white onions slices
- 2 slices thinly sliced bacon, cut into thirds
DirectionsZesty Italian dressing:
2 skinless liberty duck breastsCajun cream cheese:
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Italian zesty dressing:
Whisk all the ingredients in a medium bowl until blended.
For the duck poppers:
Slice each duck breast, horizontally, into 3 slices. Cover the slices with plastic wrap and lightly pound until thin. Put 1 jalapeno pepper slice, 1 onion slice and 1 tablespoon Cajun cream cheese on 1 end of each slice. Roll up and wrap in a piece of the bacon. Secure the roll with a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Add them to the zesty Italian dressing and marinate for 2 hours.
Remove them from the grill, transfer to a serving platter and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.