Cherry-Walnut Gelatin Mold
- 1 pound pitted bing cherries (frozen or canned), thawed if frozen
- 1 1/4 cups walnut halves
- 1 6 -ounce package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Cooking spray
1. Drain the cherries and pat dry. Break the walnuts into pieces, then stuff each cherry with a nut.
3. Lightly spray a 6-cup gelatin mold or glass bowl with cooking spray. Pour in the gelatin mixture and scatter the stuffed cherries and remaining walnuts evenly in the mold. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 8 hours or overnight.
4. Before serving, place the mold in a bowl of hot water to loosen the gelatin, about 5 minutes. Gently invert over a platter to release.
Photograph by Kana Okada
Thank you! your flag was submitted.