- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
In a small saucepan combine the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool completely.
In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the basil and the balsamic syrup.
Divide the cream among 4 cocktail glasses, top with the berry mixture and serve.
(serving size: about 1/3 cup cream and 1/2 cup berries)
Calories 180; Total Fat 5 g; (Sat Fat 3 g, Mono Fat 1.5 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 8 g; Carb 27 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 80 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin C, Manganese
Good source of: Protein, Vitamin K, Calcium, Phosphorus, Selenium