- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) center cut boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1/2 cup Parsley Shallot Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash the garlic and salt together with a fork until it forms a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the oil, fresh herbs and freshly ground pepper. Rub the garlic-herb paste all over the pork. Transfer the pork to a roasting pan and roast for 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the pork into slices and serve with the sauce.
Parsley Shallot Sauce:
1 1/2 cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallot
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.
Yield: 1/2 cup