Sugar Snap Peas with Miso Sauce
- 1 pound sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 scallions, white and green, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Place the snap peas or snow peas into a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover tightly and microwave for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the cover, drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the scallions and ginger and saute for 2 minutes. Add the orange juice, chicken broth and vinegar and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered. Turn heat to low and stir in the miso paste and sesame oil. Stir until miso paste is dissolved, about 1 minute.
Pour the sauce over the snow or snap peas toss to coat and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 80; Total Fat 2.5 g; (Sat Fat 0 g, Mono Fat 1.3 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 3 g; Carb 10 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 170 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin C, Vitamin K
Good source of: Vitamin A