Emerald City Salad - Panzanella Salad
- 1/2 loaf sliced rustic bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces cheese curds (recommended: Mt. Townsend)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens (basil, arugula, watercress, herbs)
- Mustard Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Brush the sliced bread with pesto and grill until slightly charred. Remove the bread from the grill, cut it into 1-inch cubes and add it to a serving bowl. Gently stir in the tomatoes, cheese curds, and the mixed greens.
Vinaigrette: Add the vinegar, mustard, shallot, garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, to a food processor. Pulse to combine. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad let it soak into the bread for 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy Team Blue 22
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell