Emeril's Chicken Stir-Fry with Green Beans
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian spice blend
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted garlic-red pepper sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
In a bowl, combine the chicken, 4 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and Asian spice blend. Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and stirring constantly, cook until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans and stir-fry until wrinkled, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds. Add the cashews, hoisin, remaining 3 teaspoons of soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper sauce and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and serve immediately, over white or basmati rice. Garnish with green onions.