- 4 cups vegetable oil, or mix of vegetable and olive oils
- 8 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into small cubes or strips
- 8 ounces chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into small cubes or strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 small red-skinned potatoes, quartered and cooked until tender
- 1/2 cup each of 3 sauces (such as Aioli, barbecue sauce, Bearnaise and/or horseradish cream)
Heat oil in a fondue pot or 2-quart saucepan until very hot (375 degrees). While oil is heating, cut beef and chicken, toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Combine pork with garlic, shallots, egg yolk and mustard and form into tiny meat balls. Decoratively arrange meats, meatballs and potatoes on a large platter, or on 4 individual plates. Arrange sauces in individual dipping bowls or plates. Place fondue pot of oil in center of table over a small candle or sterno, and adjust flame so that it bubbles but does not sputter when meat is added. Spear meat, meatball or potato on long forks, place in pot and cook 20 to 30 seconds until crispy. Remove meat from fork before eating -- fork will be burning hot. You can use wooden skewers instead of long forks for cooking, if you wish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.