Porcini Mushrooms Bordeaux-style: Cepes a la Bordelaise
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh porcini mushrooms, stems removed and wiped clean
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large skillet, melt the butter with the lemon juice over medium heat. Add the mushroom caps, cover, and cook, for 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, increase the heat, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until soft, 20 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.