- 3/4 cup seedless raisins
- 2 cups seeded and diced green tomatoes
- 2 apples peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (9-inch) double pie pastry
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Wash raisins and set aside. In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, apples, lemon rind, lemon juice, and vinegar.
In a separate bowl, combine the salt, sugar, flour, cinnamon and ginger and mix well.
Roll out 1 of the pie crusts to fit a pie plate and place in the plate. Set aside.
Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Pour into pie shell. Dot top with butter.
Add top crust and slit the top of pie. Bake 15 minutes, and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 45 minutes.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.