- 1 large head Belgian endive
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 Bosc pear
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Clean the endive with a dry paper towel and slice off the bottom to separate the leaves. Arrange the leaves around the edge of a large platter. Fill the inside with torn romaine leaves. Cut the pear into thin slices and arrange throughout the platter. Sprinkle the gorgonzola and walnuts on top and season with pepper.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
From Food Network Star: The Official Insider's Guide to America's Hottest Food Show By Ian Jackman. Copyright (c) 2011 By Food Network. By arrangement with William Morris Cookbooks/HarperCollins Publishers.