Endive Spears with Stilton Cheese, Toasted Pecans, and Sauteed Pears
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled (or any other blue cheese)
- 25 endive spears
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or 25 pieces, toasted
- Watercress sprigs, for garnish
- 1 cup cream cheese (for presentation)
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the butter and sugar. Add the diced pears and cook until well caramelized, approximately 8 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, fresh ground pepper and olive oil. Add the mixture to the Stilton. Assemble the spears 1 by 1, starting with the cheese then the sauteed pear and topping them off with a toasted pecan. These can be garnished with a sprig of watercress or other herb, if desired. Arrange the spears on a plate by first making a small mound of cream cheese and then sticking each spear into the cream cheese in a floral, 3-dimensional pattern.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.