Blueberry Crumble With Cornmeal-Almond Topping
- For the Topping:
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- For the Filling:
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish or eight 6-ounce ramekins (if you are using ramekins, double the filling).
Make the topping: Whisk the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in the almonds. Work in the butter with your fingers until evenly moistened.
Make the filling: Toss the blueberries, granulated sugar, flour and lemon juice in a bowl.
Transfer the filling to the prepared dish or ramekins and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Squeeze handfuls of the crumble mixture and scatter on top of the fruit. Bake until golden and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.
Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.