Chicken Satay Salad
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 7 tablespoons (about 1/2 cup) Thai peanut sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted salted peanuts
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Slice the chicken breasts 1/2 inch thick and toss with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Whisk the remaining 5 tablespoons peanut sauce and 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the lime juice and 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, cucumber, carrot, bell pepper and cilantro and toss. Season with salt and pepper and divide among bowls. Top with the chicken, peanuts and more cilantro.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
More Recipes and Ideas:
"Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Chicken Satay Salad Sammies, Saffron Chicken, Boiled Lemon and Green Bean Salad, Heart Healthy Recipes, Greek Salad Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Low-Cholesterol Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.