- 1/2 pound frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons), juiced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3/4 teaspooon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Suggested serving: Sliced cucumbers, celery, and olives
Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil. Serve with the suggested vegetables, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
Per Tablespoon (recipe yields 20 tbsp)
Total Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Total carbohydrates: 2 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 80 milligrams