Falafel-Crusted Chicken With Hummus Slaw
- Cooking spray
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds), sliced into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup falafel mix
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or other hot chile paste
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set a rack on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Toss the chicken with the olive oil in a large bowl, then add the falafel mix and toss to coat. Arrange the chicken on the rack and bake until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. While the chicken is baking, stack the pita halves and wrap them in foil; warm in the oven, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the hummus, lemon zest and juice, harissa and 3 tablespoons water in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the hummus sauce and reserve. Add the coleslaw mix, radishes and parsley to the remaining hummus sauce and toss. Season with salt.
Divide the chicken among plates and drizzle with the reserved hummus sauce. Stuff the slaw in the pitas and serve with the chicken.
Per serving: Calories 366; Fat 9 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 82 mg; Sodium 587 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 43 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.