Herbal Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
The chicken is poached in the jasmine green tea, lending fresh, fragrant appeal to the chicken salad. Lovely served for a ladies luncheon[. The sandwich can also be cut into slender pieces and served as a "tea" sandwich.]
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 50 min
- 20 min
- 1 hr 15 min
- 15 min
- 4 servings
- 4 jasmine green tea bags
- Kosher salt
- Two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size cubes
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds
- 8 slices fruit-n-nut or rye bread
- 1 cup packed mixed baby salad greens
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
Remove the tea bags and bring back to a rolling boil. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat to low and poach until fully cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer the chicken to a small bowl to cool to room temperature.
Stir together the onions, mayonnaise, yogurt, basil, tarragon, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in the cooled chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to combine.
Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Divide the chicken among 4 of the bread slices, and top with the almonds, salad greens and the remaining bread slices. Cut in half and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.