Herbed Rice With Raisins
- 1 cup basmati, jasmine or jasmati rice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chervil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 3 .5-ounce package pea shoots
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Cook the rice as the label directs. Spread out on a baking sheet and let cool completely.
Soak the raisins in the lemon juice in a cup, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the rice with the chervil, basil, parsley, cilantro and carrot in a large bowl. Chop the pea shoots, reserving some whole for garnish, and add to the bowl.
Drain the raisins, straining the lemon juice into a separate bowl. Add the vinegar, lemon zest, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste to the lemon juice. Whisk in the olive oil. Add to the rice mixture along with the raisins and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the reserved pea shoots.
Photograph by Jonny Valiant
Thank you! your flag was submitted.