Individual Peach Cobblers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe peaches, pitted and cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat buttermilk
- Non-fat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt, for serving, optional
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat eight 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
While the peaches sit, combine the flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, flax seed and salt. Cut in the butter, using a fork or pastry cutter, until the mixture forms medium-size crumbs. Stir in the buttermilk until well moistened and large clumps hold together.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peaches. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown and crisp, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt if desired.