Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
- 1 7 -ounce container 2% plain Greek yogurt (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 Persian or Kirby cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sesame hamburger buns or potato rolls, split and toasted
- Lettuce and tomato slices, for topping
- Potato chips, for serving
Combine the yogurt, feta, cucumber, mint, half of the garlic, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Combine the turkey, the remaining garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then add the patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Spread the yogurt sauce on the buns. Sandwich with the burgers; top with lettuce and tomato. Serve with potato chips.
Photograph by Justin Walker