Pan-Seared Tempeh with Peanut Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
This is a version of a traditional Indonesian dish called gado-gado, a salad of tempeh and vegetables in a peanut dressing. The flavors[ of the peanut butter and coconut milk, combined with ginger, give the tempeh a rich, tropical flavor. The mesclun and bean sprouts give the dish color and crunch.]
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
1. Whisk the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, ginger, and water together in a medium bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown the tempeh on all sides, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the peanut sauce to the skillet and heat until bubbling. Season to taste.
Total Fat: 52 grams
Saturated Fat: 13 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Protein: 33 grams
Sodium: 328 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.