Skillet Cornbread Pudding with Ham and Pepper Jack
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Why save bread pudding for dessert when it's great dressed for dinner? Our skillet cornbread pudding jacks up this comfy classic with ease[.]
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts), sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) chunk Black Forest ham, diced (about 11⁄4 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup packaged cornbread stuffing cubes
- Pinch sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, scallions, ham, garlic, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are soft, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the half-and-half, cheese, basil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Pull the skillet from the heat. Stir the cornbread stuffing and sugar into the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over and stir gently to distribute all the ingredients evenly. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until lightly puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.