Spicy Ginger and Coconut Edamame Dip
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens
The big flavor in this bright dip comes from spicy Sriracha, fresh ginger and coconut.
- Kosher salt
- One 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 whole scallion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6 teaspoons Sriracha, plus more for serving
- Rice crackers, for dipping
- Snow peas, radishes, cucumber slices and carrot sticks, for dipping
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Transfer the edamame to the bowl of a food processor and add the coconut milk, scallion, ginger, lime juice, 4 teaspoons of the Sriracha, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water. Process until you have a fairly smooth paste, about 1 minute. Taste the dip and add more salt and the remaining 2 teaspoons Sriracha if you like. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with a drizzle of Sriracha. Serve with rice crackers and assorted vegetables for dipping.
Cook's Note: Edamame are firmer than most beans, and as a result they make a slightly chunky puree. If you prefer a dip with a very smooth texture, pass it through a sieve after pureeing it, using a spatula to work it through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.