Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons quality walnut oil, (see Cook's Note)
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1/2 cup whole or chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a creamy dressing.
Put all but a large handful of the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with most of the dressing. Add remaining spinach and continue tossing until well coated.
Serve immediately topped with goat cheese and walnuts.
Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spinach Salad with Mangos, Dried Cranberries and Chocolate Vinaigrette, Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon and Apple Cider Dressing, Spinach Salad with Cranberries, Pecans, Bacon, and Blue Cheese, Shrimp Salad Recipes, Spinach, Salmon Salad Recipes, Cobb Salad Recipes, Couscous Salad Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes