Sweet and Purple Potato Hash
- 1 medium purple potato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces)
- Kosher salt
- 4 strips bacon, sliced into lardons
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves removed and chopped
Put the purple and sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover, salt the water generously and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just fork tender, about 6 minutes; drain and cool. Once cool, dice the potatoes into 1/4-inch cubes.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from the skillet and place onto a paper-towel-lined-plate. To the bacon fat, add the diced potatoes, toss to coat and brown on all sides. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the celery and red pepper and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To finish, stir in the chopped parsley and cooked bacon.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Turkey Sweet Potato Hash - Slimmed, Sweet Potato Pie with Crunchy Cranberry Topping, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel, Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes, Sweet Potato Recipes, Sweet Potato Pie Recipes, Scalloped Potato Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes