Tangy Meatloaf Burgers
- 1 small onion (1/2 sliced into rings, 1/2 diced)
- 1 pound meatloaf mix (ground pork, beef and veal) or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup duck sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 potato buns or other rolls, split
- Lettuce, sliced tomato and pickle slices, for topping
- Sweet potato chips, for serving (optional)
Preheat a grill to medium high. Soak the onion rings in a bowl of cold water. Meanwhile, combine the meatloaf mix with the diced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, paprika, 1 tablespoon each ketchup and duck sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties; make an indentation in the center of each.
Brush the patties with the olive oil and grill until marked on the bottom, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ketchup and duck sauce in a small bowl for brushing; set aside a few tablespoons. Turn the patties, brush with the ketchup mixture and continue grilling until cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Toast the buns, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 444; Fat 19 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 123 mg; Sodium 1,079 mg; Carbohydrate 43 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 26 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.