Thai Dumpling Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 4 ounces green beans, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound frozen Asian-style dumplings or pot stickers
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- Kosher salt
- Sliced scallions, for topping
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, mushrooms and curry powder; cook, stirring, until the curry powder is toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer.
Add the green beans and bell pepper to the pot, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the dumplings and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the lime juice. Season the soup with salt and add more fish sauce to taste, if desired. Top with sliced scallions and serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 400; Fat 26 g (Saturated 15 g); Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 914 mg; Carbohydrate 28 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 18 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.