Tilapia with Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6 -ounce tilapia fillets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound thin green beans or haricots verts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
Combine the flour, oregano and parsley in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in the skillet, then add 2 fillets and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook through, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 fillets.
Add the green beans and garlic to the skillet and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the tomatoes and cook until just softened, about 1 more minute. Stir in the lemon juice and 1/4 cup water, then cover and cook until the beans are tender, about 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter until just melted.
Divide the fish and vegetables among plates. Garnish with oregano.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis