Turkey Tenders with Cranberry Ketchup
- 1 pound small carrots, greens trimmed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups cornflakes, finely crushed (about 1 3/4 cups crumbs)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 pear (such as Anjou or Bartlett), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Place the carrots on a large sheet of foil; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Fold up the edges of the foil and add 1/4 cup water, then seal into a packet. Set on a baking sheet and roast on the bottom oven rack until tender, 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the cornflakes, the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, the lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk 2 tablespoons mustard and the egg white in another dish. Coat the turkey in the mustard mixture; dredge in the cornflake mixture. Place on a wire rack set on a baking sheet. Roast on the top oven rack until cooked through, 15 minutes.
Combine the cranberries, pear, sugar, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer until the cranberries burst, 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender, add the remaining 1 teaspoon mustard and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the turkey and carrots.
Per serving: Calories 547; Fat 13 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 98 mg; Sodium 778 mg; Carbohydrate 66 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 47 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Daddy's Game Changing Turkey with Quick Pan Gravy, Skillet Turkey With Roasted Vegetables, Orange-Tea-Bourbon Brined Turkey With Honey Mustard Butter, Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Pot Pie Recipes, Brined Turkey Recipes, Turkey Meatloaf Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Turkey Burger Recipes